Reputational Risk Manager
Details: VISA FREE
Location: Canada & USA
28 January 2023
To provide expertise; advice; assistance; consultancy services and general support through partnering with clusters across the group on reputational risk matters and guiding the risk
intelligence approach and solutions to reputational risk
- Supporting in the continuous, proactive and consistent management of reputational risks (current and emerging) for the Group through close collaboration with Group Legal, Group Financial Crime Forensics
- and Security, and Group AML, CFT and Sanctions.
- Establish and maintain a reputational risk management philosophy and culture within the organization.
- Develop, maintain, manage and execute a comprehensive process for identifying, assessing, mitigating, monitoring and reporting on reputational risks that may impact on the organisations performance.
- Conducting research and drafting opinions on reputational risk related matters and providing strategic input and recommendations on frameworks and policies from a reputational risk perspective.
- Managing the relationship with the Commissions of Inquiry and investigative bodies.
- Build and sustain business relations to ensure satisfied internal and external stakeholders, including the management of stakeholder expectations across various levels of the group.
- Optimise reputational risk management, working closely with Group RiskCo-ordination of the Group Exco’s Group Reputational Risk Committee through Cluster-wide
- coordination and consultation - collating and reviewing submissions and preparing meeting reports.
- Review, update and align all reputational risk related governance documents (charters, escalation frameworks, and role and responsibility documents).
- Adverse media monitoring and assisting in the preparation of holding statements, working closely with Group Legal and Group Strategic Communications.
- Co-ordinating and preparing internal reports, across the organization, for Group Exco and the Board.
- Co-ordinating and preparing external reports pertaining to reputational risk.
- Optimise the reputational risk management performance of Green Finance by assisting the business to identify, recommend and execute risk management strategies within the Group's defined risk appetite.
Essential Qualifications - NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Minimum Experience Level
5-8 years working experience as a Reputational Risk Manager/Similar Role working with Reputational Risk Governance/Litigation Matter that pose Reputational Risk/Reputational Risk Framework escalations/Media queries and Interactions with relevant commissions within the Banking/Financial Services Industry.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Banking knowledge
- Industry trends
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Risk management process and frameworks
- Business writing skills
- Business Acumen
- Risk Management
- Principles of Programme Management
- Applied Learning
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Quality Orientation
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Please contact the Green Finance Recruiting Team at +1 (826) 224 1312