Senior HRBP - Investment Banking
Location: Canada & USA
Closing Date: 28-Nov-2022
To partner with business and relevant stakeholders to ensure the delivery of human resources services to support the achievement of Investment Banking (IB) strategic objectives.
- Ensure an understanding of business needs and objectives by reviewing business unit plan and engaging with management and teams.
- Ensure agreed objectives and deliverables are met within agreed timelines by reviewing the HR plan and by consulting with the business.
- Build trusting working relationships by engaging with stakeholders regularly and by ensuring delivery on agreed objectives.
- Ensure adherence to HR policies and procedures across the HR value chain by analyzing feedback from HR audits and checks conducted by team and business units.
- Ensure clarity of expectations to meet business objectives by allocating deliverables and engaging with HR team.
- Render a professional service, educate stakeholders, mitigate risk and ensure adherence to legislation by consulting and providing guidance to business unit and team on HR policies, processes and procedures across the HR value chain. Monitor, consolidate, and track the progress of HR deliverables by having regular meetings, reviewing reports, analysing data and taking appropriate action.
- Identify trends, risks and recommend solutions for presentation to business unit for actioning and decision making by analysing management information system (MIS) reports.
- Facilitate talent management across business units by assisting business to identify top talent, create talent pipelines and pools, develop succession plans, retention, development and fast -tracking plans.
- Assist managers regarding HR related issues and decisions required across the HR value chain by interpreting HR policies and advise on appropriate actions.
- Obtain buy-in from relevant stakeholders and assist in the communication of proposed changes by engaging business units.
- Conduct assessments to establish level of change readiness within the business, make recommendations of interventions and buy-in from all staff effected by the change.
- Manage performance of the team, mentor and coach staff on identified performance gaps across the HR value chain by discussing these performance gaps and agree on appropriate action to be taken.
- Motivate staff to perform and contribute to the success of the business by creating an environment of teamwork and by engaging with staff (and keeping staff informed) and through encouraging participation in decision making processes.
- Ability to innovate towards efficiencies in the HR value chain
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
- Degree in Human Resources or Industrial Psychology or relevant qualifications
Minimum Experience Level
- Minimum 8 years experience as an HR Generalist
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Governance, Risk and Controls
- Change management
- Principles of project management
- Business writing skills
- Management information and reporting principles, tools and mechanisms- intermediate
- Service level agreements- basic
- Consumer behaviour- basic
- Client service management
- Decision Making
- Building talent
- Inspiring others
- Continuous Improvement
- Driving for Results
- Planning and Organizing
Employment Equity Statement
Preference to be given to underrepresented groups
Please contact the Green Finance Recruiting Team at +1 (826) 224 1312