Electrical Engineer: Electrical Controls Engineer
Position: Electrical Controls Engineer
SPONSORSHIP : VISA FREE
Location: Canada & USA
Reference: REQ # 12080235
Requisition Number and Contact Details
REQ # 12080235
Closing Date – 13 Jan 2023
To provide technical expertise and support as part of the Corporate Engineering team.
• Designs various control systems for production and test equipment.
• Programs PLC (Siemens, Allan-Bradley), variable speed drive (ABB), servo etc.
• Programs human machine interface (Wonderware intouch, Indusoft).
• Perform the Industrial electrical design as per the industry standard.
• Troubleshoots existing equipment issues.
• Supervise the electrical installation and execute the commissioning of various control systems.
• Serves as consultant to other team members of the Site, i.e., in advising on material selection, or solutions to product quality problems, or in training others in some new aspect of technology.
• Participates as a member of task forces or teams assembled to coordinate the tackling of serious problems.
• Work with documentation / engineering change control processes
• Identify technology improvements that will align with future business goals and requirements
• Keeps abreast of developments in engineering technology and practice, especially as it relates to his/her field of expertise.
• Operates and performs in a safe manner at all times
• Other duties as required
This position reports directly to the central engineering electrical team leader.
Preferable Position Requirements:
Education/Experience: Bachelor of electrical or automation engineering. Minimum 5 year’s work experience in the field of specialization related to the industry.
Average Controls Engineer, with Controls Skills Salary:
Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Controls Engineer is $76,646
• BSC in Electrical Engineering
• Manufacturing design experience preferred
• Technical strength coupled with practical systems and equipment knowledge
• Must have strong PLC and HMI programming skills
• Knowledge of industrial AC drive and motor. Knowledge of ABB drive is an asset.
• Knowledge of industrial networking. Knowledge of Profibus, ProfiNet and device net is an asset.
• Knowledge of Industrial electrical design (low voltage).
• Ability to communicate with vendors, customers, and trades personnel.
• Ability to travel in Canada, USA, Europe and in Asia (Between 20 to 40% of the time and up to 6 consecutive weeks).
• Attention to detail with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Results-focused, team player with the ability to work well independently.
• Versed in current statutory regulations, industry standards and recommended practices and a practical sense in applying such references (ie: safety, environmental, quality).
• Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality and continuous improvement.
Effort & Working Conditions:
Normal work environment allows the associate to sit comfortably and move about freely, not confined to a workstation. There may be some need to lift light articles. The physical environment is clean and climate-controlled within a partitioned workstation. There is somewhat frequent involvement in the manufacturing environment. Sensory attention is required to read reports, do keyboarding with additional need to read engineering specifications and operate the CAD system. The associate has frequent customer contact and normal business travel