Green Finance Career
Software Quality Engineer
REQ: 114077 - Canada & USA
Employment Equity Statement: Preference will be given to individuals from underrepresented groups.
Manager of Self Technical
Use the automation framework and pre-defined test tools to inspect, analyse, design, develop and implement re-useable automated test assets to quality assure the solution and its architecture to ensure the overall quality of the solution.
- Actively participate in the planning, estimation and sizing of products, features, stories to be delivered.
- Delivery of a well-structure and standard designed, quality assurance solutions within the timelines agreed with the delivery team.
- Report and manage the resolution of issues timeously to avoid unplanned expenses which could result in late delivery and stability issues once operational.
- Contribute to the retrospective reviews to introduce efficiencies which will ensure quicker delivery with high quality to our clients.
- Work closely with Test Leads, Chapter Leads, Developers, Architects, Product Owner and other Stakeholders to meet the expectations of our client.
- Build and foster deep relationship with Peers, Subject Matter Experts, Developers, Product Owner and other Stakeholders though honest communication which align to the Green Finance Values.
- Liaise with Stakeholders across Group Technology to build a network that will align.
- Contribute to the systematic breakdown of the business need into manageable feature(s), stories and epics that can be delivered.
- Participate in the backlog grooming.
- Participate in the sprint planning, test estimation and success criteria per story.
- Discuss the low level design and functional requirements with the QA Lead, Application/Solution Architect to understand the approach to test automation.
- Collaborate with the Core Technical Team to continuously improve the test harness, automation frameworks and overall platform.
- Develop the automation code using the automation framework for execution.
- Implement the test automation solutions with the objective that it has adequate coverage within the sprint and can be re-used for regression testing.
- Ensure the test automation solution meets the architectural and development standards that are re-usable and scalable.
- Confirm that the automation test suite implemented is appropriately catalogued and aligns with the governance.
- Responsible for testing of the system or component testing under load, high-availability, recoverability and other fit for purpose software non-funtional testing.
- Log defects using the pre-defined defect management tool and ensure the relevant information is captured accurately that will assist with the root cause analysis.
- Identify potential product risks and communicate to the QA Lead the details and any possible mitigation factors.
- Collaborate with the stakeholder to ensure the resolution of a defect and that the root cause analysis is performed and recorded.
- Report status of testing to the squad daily.
- Participate in all retrospective reviews.
- Participate in the showcase to stakeholders.
Understand and manage own time based on expected timelines articulated by the line-management and project expectations.
- Collaborate with Peers and industry experts to understand technical advances and its application within the Green Finance eco-system.
- Seek ongoing improvements in technical capabilities.
Mentor the Software Test Engineers within the team to improve their technical capabilities.
- Support the achievement of the business strategy, objectives and values.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise.
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute to the Green Finance Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc.).
- Participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives for the achievement of business strategy.
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes, models and systems though agile thinking.
Essential Qualifications - NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Bootcamp training in Agile and DevOps.
- ISTQB foundation or equivalent (ISEB)
Type of Exposure
- Experience in an agile development environment using Scrum and/or Extreme Programming
Minimum Experience Level
5 to 8 years Test automation experience.
- Technical skills: Test Automation skills (API and Service), API web services automation experience, Selenium / Java skill set, Agile, DevOps and continuous delivery (sprint automation), DB interrogations.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Java Development with J2EE and/or Springboot knowledge (Advanced)
- Building Partnerships
- Decision Making
- Managing Work
- Work Standards
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
Please contact the Green Finance Recruiting Team at +1 (826) 224 1312