Operational Risk Manager - Group Operational Risk
Details : VISA FREE
- Canada & USA
- Risk, Audit and Compliance
- Operational Risk
- Manage Self: Professional
- To develop, monitor and report on the implementation of the Operational Risk Management Framework including Payment’s risk management requirements/guidelines in Green Finance and its subsidiaries to comply to regulatory requirements and ensure alignment to international best practice.
FACILITATE GOVERNANCE: Maintain a strong oversight of the Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) in terms of adherence to Group Policies and Procedures, Regulatory requirements, and sound corporate governance principles.
• Establish and maintain the policies, standards (if required), risk and control libraries, and minimum key risk indicators.
• Provide guidance, challenge, and advice to Business to support the recommendation of the ORMF
• Collaboration with Group Risk Functions, internal audit and compliance, on an effective assurance and conformance assessment of Payments risk practices against the Operational Risk Management Framework, policies, and standards (if applicable).
• Assess, within own mandate, requests for dispensations and waivers against Payments Risk policies and standards
• Enable the delivery of advisory and training services across the bank for Payments Risk.
• Ensure research on Payment’s risk type trends and forthcoming developments have been socialized and understood across the bank.
• Act as industry liaison in support of Payments risk matters.
• Ensure appropriate governance forums are in place, where critical risks and issues are discussed and escalated for resolution.
• Ensure critical controls and processes are tested on an annual basis by assurance providers.
• Provide constructive expert challenge of the group’s Payments Risk profile.
• Provide thought leadership in the development of the Group’s Payments Risk strategy and approach.
• Assist leadership to drive a transformational agenda to continuously improve the efficiency of operational risk processes in line with the market, business, or regulatory developments
• Participate in the Key Risk Scenario process and assist businesses with scenarios relating to the different probabilities.
MANAGE REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS: Maintain regulatory requirements and sound corporate governance principles.
• Provide input into, and advice on the alignment between regulatory capital and Green Finance clusters' risk profile and risk appetite by recommending corrective action or mitigating strategies to minimize exposure.
MANAGE INTERNAL PROCESSES
- Coordinate the work and activities of Group Operational Risk team members. Ensure that planning for deliverables and timelines are communicated to team members, activities and deliverables are actively managed. Continually enhance processes around coordinating, compiling, and GOR requirements and reports.
- Establish, maintain and manage strategic partnerships and long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
PROMOTE DEVELOPMENT AND LEARNING
- Take ownership of your role and personal development to cultivate a deeper understanding of information to better meet requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Qualifications - NQF Level
- Professional Qualifications/Honour’s Degree
- BCom in Risk Management, Finance, Financial Management, Accounting, Auditing or Information Systems
- Certificate in Foundational Payments
- Advanced Certificate in High Value
Minimum Experience Level
- 3 or more years or experience in Payments Operations or Payments Risk.
- 3 or more years of banking experience
- Technical skills and business acumen – Risk Management, governance and process
- Internal and external reporting
Type of Exposure
Conducting root cause analysis
• Analysing situations or data that requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
• Developing ways to minimise risks
• Drafting executive and board committee risk reports
• Managing conflict situations
• Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas
• Sharing information in different ways to increase stakeholders understanding
• Brainstorming ways of improving a product or situation
• Challenging the status quo with a view to improving the environment or peoples understanding
• Communicating standards to others
• Comparing two or more sets of information
• Conducting a needs analysis
• Writing business proposals
• Working with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
• Interacting with regulatory, supervisory and industry bodies
• Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Analysing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative data
• Interacting with various levels of management
• Managing multiple projects
• Answering customer questions
• Communicating complex written information orally
• Identifying risk industry trends
• Checking accuracy of reports and records
• Conducting gap analysis
• Coordinating and securing buy-in from internal stakeholders
• Preparing and delivering presentation
• Providing professional advice/opinion
• Using different approaches in new work situations
• Analysing business operations
• Conducting research from multiple sources
• Conducting root cause analysis
• Integrating different sources of information
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Building Partnerships
- Building Trust
- Planning and Organising
- Decision Making
- Managing Work
- Stress Tolerance
Please contact the Green Finance Recruiting Team at +1 (826) 224 1312