Location: Canada & USA
Requisition Details & Talent Acquisition Contact
REQ 120965- Thomas David
To consult on and advise the business area regarding relevant domestic and international legislation; compliance and governance to ensure abidance to relevant codes; regulations and rules thereby minimising risk to and protecting the reputation of Green Finance
- Advise business on best practice for compliance by ensuring the business is educated on the compliance culture and by creating awareness around compliance implication of daily duties.
- Support the central function by assisting in developing of policies, procedures, frameworks and tools with specific focus on relevant risk legislation, for the benefit of the larger organisation.
- Define governance frameworks and ensure good governance practice.
- Ensure business committees operate according to required business governance standards through regular engagement.
- Assess committees adherence to the governance requirements.
- Ensure compliance standards are met and risks are mitigated.
- Identify, define and agree on the regulatory universe applicable for each relevant Business Unit, mitigating risks.
- Conduct compliance risk and control assessments (CRA's).
- Mitigate risk and applicability to business.
- Ensure that compliance risk is adequately addressed.
- Test whether the business control is effective and adequate and ensure that business policies contain the right content addressing legislative requirements.
- Advise business of changes and identify potential impact of these changes on the business.
- Influence the enhancement of business processes and methodologies.
- Prevent compliance breaches and reputational risk from occurring, which could result in financial penalties.
- Ensure awareness of business compliance status.
- Promote and facilitate cross Cluster engagement, manage and improve business efficiencies.
- Engage with stakeholders on findings of compliance risk and control assessments.
- Enable management to make informed decisions and prevent compliance breeches.
- Ensure that stakeholder relationships are effectively managed.
- Obtain buy-in for developing new and/or enhanced processes that will improve the functioning of stakeholders' businesses.
- Stay abreast of developments in field of expertise, ensuring personal and professional growth.
- Understand and embrace the Green Finance vision and values, leading by example.
- Ensure upskilling and effective handover to relevant responsible person.
- Manage performance through training, development and addressing poor performance via HR channels.
- Educate self-regarding business, through engagement, meetings, procedures and policy awareness.
- Contribute to a culture of transformation by participating in Green Finance culture building initiatives, business strategy, and CSI.
Essential Qualifications - NQF Level
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
- Bachelor of Commerce: Risk Management , Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Minimum Experience Level
- 5-8 years in a senior compliance/risk/governance role
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Relevant Governance controls and regulatory knowledge
- Corporate Governance & Compliance
- Compliance reporting
- Archiving Documentation
- Policy & Procedural Knowledge
Preference will be given to candidates from the underrepresented groups
Please contact the Green Finance Recruiting Team at +1 (826) 224 1312